Miranda @ Bibliodaze

Eleanor & Park

Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell I’m not entirely sure how to put this book into words, really. I read it basically in one day, even though I kept putting it aside every now and then because I wanted to savor it. It’s a very touching, heartfelt tale about two odd kids finding love in each other, much to their surprise.Some readers will probably have a problem with the slow pace and the main focus on the romance. Personally I had no issue with it because the characters are so richly developed and feel like real people, and I loved reading about Park and Eleanor’s budding relationship. They argue like most couples, but there’s also times you can see how much they truly do love each other, and the little touches on their relationship (like the comics and the Walkman) were so brilliantly done.This is the second book I’ve read by Rainbow Rowell (the first being her adult novel, Attachments) and she writes relationships really, really well. She’s quickly becoming one of my favourite authors and I’m eagerly looking forward to her next novel, Fangirl.

A Feast for Crows