Miranda @ Bibliodaze

Blogging With Depression

I have depression.

Well, actually, that’s not all I have. But it’s the one that’s most pertinent to this post. I’ve had depression for as long as I can remember. It was such a natural state of being for me that I didn’t think anything was weird about it, not even when others yelled at me for not doing important things like schoolwork or chores because I simply didn’t have the motivation or energy.

Unfortunately, due to a lot of factors, I’m not currently able to medicate it. The anti-anxiety medicine I’m on (because I also have generalized and social anxiety disorder) supposedly treats depression as well, but it hasn’t had much of an effect on me. This is because I also have bipolar disorder, and that’s a whole ‘nother beast that can’t be taken down with the same things that takes down depression or anxiety. So when I have a depressive episode caused by the bipolar disorder, my medicine can’t do anything for it.

Read the rest of the post at On The Nightstand.

A Feast for Crows